Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tag Clouds


For some reason, possibly because I'm dumb, I neglected to put tags on any of my uploaded eBooks. I only noticed this when I put a book trailer* up and realized that I didn't even do the basic painless search advertising. It doesn't really come naturally to me to come up with little one or two word niblets and I always miss something. 

So, as I often do when confronting a boring task that I need to practice, I look for a way to liven it up a bit.

I ran Deep Sleep, my most popular short story at the moment (at least on Smashwords), through Wordle:

Obviously, Francine is the name of the only character in the story that has a name. Then I took the more interesting words from the cloud and put them in as tags. I figure it isn't false advertisement if they're mentioned a lot. I added science fiction and last survivor just to round out the theme, and there it was. Pretty easy, I guess.

I'm sure this can only help.

*It's only been a day, but I'll give a cautious thumbs-up to the eBook trailer since a lot more people took a look at the story. So at least it wasn't a waste of time...

#

One of the scenes I just wrote in "The $10,000 Whore" feels like this picture. Altogether too cute and pink, but hey whatever. If I don't feel uncomfortable while writing a story, there's no challenge to it. I mean, she's using an iMac. That ain't right.

This is one story that's going to pass the Bechdel Test with flying colors. And the protagonist might even survive, if anybody does.

- - - -
250 words? Yes
Book "Lived Too Long To Die"
Short Story "The $10,000 Whore"
----
Reading - ?

*106

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...