Monday, August 1, 2011

Two New Collections

I put together and released two short story collections for your reading convenience.

To Another Shore
eight fantasy stories
$2.99
Kindle
Smashwords

Dear sir or madam: please find attached eight short stories of a most fantastic nature. But, lo, I beg to inform you that it is a most mixed bag of fantasies. “The Witch of Amber City” is a parable. “Sorcerer’s Hire” is a coming-of-age story set amidst a magical-industrial war. “Timpani the Ostrich Rancher” posits a preemptive Great War sparked by the independent Kingdom of Kenya. “An Aesop Amidst the Fairy Dust” is a humorous urban fantasy of pizza. “The Moors of Venus” is my favorite short story of all I’ve written, and once you’ve read it, you’ll agree. “New Sodom Takes Her Chances”, starring Satan, is just plain weird. “The Ambassador’s Lady” chronicles the break-up of an Imperial Russia. Last but not least, “Ostracon” is a fast-paced tale of Mesolithic errantry. Is there a theme amidst this delightful madness? Sure. But you’ll only find it out once you’ve gone To Another Shore.

More of the Sun
The Jeremiad Monologues
$0.99
Kindle

He’s forcing me to publish this: Jeremiad, the lounge lizard turned revolutionary. He just appeared in my office—seriously, he can teleport—he’s holding my whisky hostage. He keeps talking and talking, some day he’ll get to the point. He’s promised me one beer for each book sold. ...I’m so thirsty.

This one is the three Jeremiad monologues in one convenient package, with much better cover art. If you previously purchased one of the single stories, e-mail me and I'll send you this one gratis

I'm putting these on Amazon first, and will make the Smashwords editions later. Thanks to my eBook Formatting Workflow and macros, it takes five minutes to format a book for MOBI and EPUB. Whereas I have to do all the formatting by hand in a word processor for Smashwords.

I'm also going to use this opportunity to see if LibreOffice 3.4 will suffice to do Smashwords DOC formatting. That would make my life a lot easier. Results to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...