Sunday, May 27, 2012

Science Fantasy Romance 12 - Players of the Nuclear Theremin


Players of the Nuclear Theremin 
SF012
Available at
Amazon.com * Amazon.co.uk
Smashwords
Kobo * Sony * Diesel
Barnes & Noble
DriveThruFiction

Collected in
A Future Darkly

Blurb
The Nuclear Thereminers dare to roam the galaxy searching for new colony worlds for an expanding Humanity, but trouble on Earth may prove even more perilous. Follow the career of orphan Jess Alate through interesting times in this science fiction story.

Memories
before reading
This one was really long, and I remember stopping in exhaustion about three-fourths of the way through, then picking it up in the morning and finishing it off, then going back and adding in even more. I don’t remember the last bit I wrote, but I know that this one wasn’t written straight through, it evolved out of scenes, and chained itself together. Oh, and I also listened to a lot of theremin music, but you knew that.

Review
after reading
It’s very dialogue-heavy, which is fine by me because it’s such a long work. The talk keeps the story moving. One of my favorite things about this story is that there is no info-dumping; none. The reader is left to piece the setting together for herself, while the characters get on with their lives. Or not. That’s the Science Fantasy Romance ethos, and I think this is the first story where I actually kept to it. All in all, I’m very satisfied with this story. Not to mention I love the title.

Next Week
Swift Invasion 

Thanks for reading!
feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...