Sunday, June 3, 2012

Science Fantasy Romance 13 - Swift Invasion


Swift Invasion
SF013
Available at
Amazon.com * Amazon.co.uk
Smashwords
Kobo * Sony * Diesel
Barnes & Noble
DriveThruFiction

Collected in
A Future Darkly

Blurb
The aliens were completely unprepared for one completely prepared human. So was Humanity.

Memories
before reading
This story evolved out of a conversation I had with a tech who had completely screwed his jack-ass employer over merely by being fired, and then having been found to be indispensible after the fact. I’d just read a lot of Heinlein, and the classic Competent Science Fiction Protagonist was roiling in my brain. Here’s the result.

Review
after reading
This is a dialogue-heavy story that proceeds with humor to a good punch-line. But! In the midst of that, there is an amazing character speech that I’d completely forgotten about. I don’t know where it came from, but I like it. It raises the story up from “merely” humorous.

Next Week
The Littlest Barnacle 

Thanks for reading!
feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...