Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Ain't Writing a Damn Thing

Today I've been focusing on the Business Side, in this case really much too boring to blog about. I've also been wearing the Editor's Hat almost exclusively, which is an obsessive and lonely pursuit that, while interesting, is not interesting enough without putting an example of a paragraph on the chopping block. I'll do that post later demonstrating the life-cycle of a paragraph from rough to final, but I've lost the first three of ten versions of these projects, so it wouldn't be fair. So, anticipate that!

And do call, because David's phoning in his blog post today.

Here's an excerpt from "Jeremiad" to tide you over:
069 Jeremiad 1

Link
#

It was such a coincidence finding this picture at the same time as I'm reading "The Postman Always Rings Twice" that I just got to share it. The book is on the table! Also there's a classy woman in the picture who I am assured is quite conducive to the prurient interest.

This is why I became a Writer.

----
250 words? Yes
Project "Untitled"
- - - -
Reading - "The Postman Always Rings Twice" (James M. Cain)

*069

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with 250 words. I've spent weeks where that's all I've written in a day. The key is that you're moving forwards, doing editing work, promotions, etc.

    But I do love those rare days where I pump out 5,000 words or more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems my daily writing train can't be derailed despite my own worst efforts. This is a great salve for that mild anxiety that comes of muddling through something new.

    That and anticipating a few days from now when I can let all that new stuff simmer for a bit and focus on Writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...