Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hollandaise

Asparagus (vegetable), served with Hollandaise and potatoes
#

I'm hungry and cooking (real cooking, not Lazy Writer Cooking) is hard. It requires a lot more skills which I haven't put in nearly as much effort into cultivating as I have in cultivating other Creative talents that involve fewer sauces and fires. Sometimes I take basic competence for granted, and then realize I have no idea what I'm doing on a fundamental level. Then I have to brute force the effort a few hundred times until I figure it out.

Sometimes, but not always, there's somebody who is willing to teach me something. Or YouTube: thanks for nothing Making Hollandaise Sauce...

Oh well, I'll just look at that picture while I eat some cup ramen.

----
1000 words? Yes
Book "Lived Too Long to Die"
Short Story "Bitsy Pollo Save Us!: A Love Story" - working on it.
- - - -
(New Humanist)

*138

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...