Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010


People who read blogs on Christmas Day are losers.
#

Haha, take that hypothetical readers. People who write blogs on Christmas Day are, of course, amazing paragons of inspiration. I was going to write something about inspiration, but it sounds less depressing when I quote somebody else who got to the thought first and more pithily:

"If you need inspiration, think of yourself on your deathbed saying “well, at least I watched a lot of TV.” If saying such a thing as your life ebbs away fills you with existential horror, well, then. I think you know what to do." - John Scalzi

One day I hope to have a 12-year backlog of daily posts. It's not so much a goal as it is an obsession, now.

Merry Christmas! I'll be writing.

----
250 words? Yes
Book "Lived Too Long to Die"
- - - -
Reading - ?

*141

4 comments:

  1. I'm a loser and a paragon of of inspiration.
    Feel kind of bad for that sad bear. Where did you find that picture??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from Nedroid, a webcomic. Do a search for "Sad Bear Nedroid" and you'll see a whole series of increasingly depressing bear situations. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted on Christmas day, but it was scheduled several days in advance. I didn't actually touch the net on Chrismtas, and only got about 400 words of writing done. I might have done more, but I was so exhausted from my cold and a long day that I was content with just a minimum so I wouldn't break my streak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 400 words is 400 words, I always say. This post was technically scheduled a few days in advance, but then I rewrote it for...goodness' sake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...