Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Post Rings Twice

I am writing slower for having an outline than for not having one. I think I'd be done by now if I were making it up as I go along.

But, not to be unfair, I think it's because I usually can finish a story in a day while keeping it all in my head at the same time. To be scientific about the effectiveness of outlines, I'm going to have to make an outline for a serial book and write that in a month or so, putting up each week's section as it gets finished. There'd be more reason fro the outline then.

Anyways, when it comes to writing Alan4, it's good, but slow, because with the outline finished all I'm doing is expanding the brackets, so I'm distracted by outlining the next story in my head. I'm going to write a sequel to Ostracon, and it turns out "Sharia and the Gays" is the tale of a youth detective named Sharia who suspects that Mr. and Mrs. Gay, her neighbors, are up to something. DUN DUN DUN.

The Ten Thousand Dollar Whore pretty much explains itself, but I think it'll end up being steampunk, or diesel/atom punk, at the very least. We'll see what develops. I also have the glimmerings of a "biopunk" story in my head, but a character hasn't developed yet so it's on the back burner. Then there's Alan5...

DAMMIT! See what I mean? Stupid outline.

Oh, also I finished reading two romance novels (yeah, they read fast). I think I could do that. I'll call it "Fire in Khartoum". Classy. That sounds like a pretty good serial novel.

#

This is quite possibly the most uncool exhortation to coolness that has been or ever will be.

They're talking about the weather, you say?

My point stands.

----
Words? Yes
Short Story "A Blot On The Escutcheon"
Short Story Ostracon2
Short Story "Sharia and the Gays"
Short Story "The Ten-Thousand Dollar Whore"
- - - -
Reading - ?

*169

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...