Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lesson Learned

David's Official "Lesson Learned" from The Great Recession: The only business of any value is Small Business, i.e. you. Everything else is just as unstable, you probably don't get benefits and you certainly don't get a cut for all your hard work and ulcers. Everybody's first priority should be disentangling themselves from Other People's Profit.

David's Official Political "Lesson Learned" from The Great Recession: Don't bother with politics until you're rich. Everything else is just noise. Noise has no power, and rich folk are too focused on running things to hear noise. Once you are rich, though, feel free to listen to the losers, if only to get them on your side. Even better: Don't be a jerk. But I can't endorse that until I test my ability to withstand riches by having them.

David's Official Life "Lesson Learned" from the Great Recession: When they play me singing "Thanks For The Memories" at my own funeral, I want to actually have had some worth listening to. And I want all of my memories to remember me as Somebody, not some bit player who whined all day about wanting to do something with my life.

And yes, I don't care if my funeral is 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 or 5000 years from now, that is the song I want played.

This still counts as a Writing blog post, under the "Mindset" topic. I'm a small business, and I'm going to bootstrap myself to riches.

#

New goal: one short story per day. I'm going to ramp up to this, but no excuses. I will be a Pro if it kills me. It won't. If you want to see some short fiction, may I suggest my newest Buck eShort "Sharia & The Gays"?

Today, I learned Scribus and did the layout of a magazine. Pretty cool? Not much to say about it, though.

This is pretty much how I want all my cover art to look. Also, I suddenly want to weaponize food. Man, those olden days folk were hard-core.

----
Story? Yes
Short Story "Players of the Nuclear Theremin
- - - -
Reading - ?

*180

3 comments:

  1. Ah, that's a good song for your funeral.

    I think my funeral song should be this one, just to confuse everyone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNPQU_HTPmw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for my advance reading copy of DRAGON MARINES. I better get that before your funeral or I'll be ripping and tearing my breast and wailing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...