Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To Arms And Face The Day

Fighting with myself isn't going to help, except when I'm being a lazy little whiner loser bag of sack-crap. Then I've got to engage in Trench Warfare, by which I mean punch myself in the brain until I sit down and type continuously. Sooner or later, I'll have to punch myself less and less to type more and more, thus forming a "trench" of habit. Get it? That probably should have made the title of the post.

Anyways, there are three ways that I've come up with to punch my brain, with exclamation points added:

Self-Mockery! Always effective in measured doses, there's nothing that I can say to really bring myself down from my perch of boundless self-confidence, I just have to remind myself that I'm actually perched up there and that I'm actually competent.

Think About MONEY in a FUTURE of STABILITY! those three keywords have never failed to make me excited. I've spent a good long while one way or the other not existing in a future, existing instead in a present where I have very little money to dispose of towards ensuring stability. Writing is a way to ensure some semblance of stability, or at least a slush fund for pursuing my other interests.

Wait, This is FUN! Just remember how much I enjoy just sitting down and producing stuff, working hard every day at something that is entirely mine. I am a natural entrepreneur and it's not really a hard matter to trick myself into being my own hardass boss if I remember that I'd hate being an employee. This is the most effective way, really.

So, yeah, that's the trick of it. TRY IT AT HOME

#

Be Honest With Yourself would also have made a better post title. This one is over-titled and under-capitalized, but Come Now, here's what we're going to do:

Accoutrements was presumably the code phrase for "trench foot". Yeah, take that, recruiting poster! Punch somebody else in the brain, I'll be over here winning the war with SCIENCE!

----
Story:?
Story "Title"
- - - -
Reading - ?

*186

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...